THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Monday, May 05, 2008

Flowers/Landscaping Attempt!

Those of you who know me, know I DON'T have a very green thumb - so this is going to come as a shock to most of you! ;o)

I decided to try and plant flowers in our landscaping this year. My mom is awesome, and she buys me flowers every year for Mother's Day - so this year I wanted to do a little more than just my geraniums in my doorstep planters and a hanging basket. My mom helped me pick out all the flowers this weekend in Cincinnati - and then my good friend Jill helped me pick out some more today up at her parents' nursery. I'm pretty excited by it - and hopefully once they start to grow I'll be able to show successful pictures later in the summer.

I just wish someone had told me how LONG it takes to plant flowers!!! Wow, guess I'll be prepared for that next year!!!

These are just a few pics - I won't bore you with all of them, but I also bought some perennials, so I'll take some pics of those once they start to bloom and grow.


These are the flowers my mom helped me pick out in Cincy. I planted all but 1 in this mulch bed surrounding our mailbox - I just love them!!!

The "before" shot of our front mulch bed.

The "after" shot. Now, don't be freaked out by the BIG MONSTER PINK PETUNIA pots - those are actually for our community pool. I'm on our homeowner's board and chairman of the pool committee - we got 5 of these huge pots for our pool, so I'm taking care of these 2 until May 21st and my friend Jill (whose dad owns the nursery) is taking care of the other 3. I'll probably move these to the back deck once Shawn gets home, and then I'll likely plant something else that's complimentary to the wave petunias you see by the sidewalk.
Here's a close-up of the pool flower pots. They'll be even more beautiful in a few weeks when they're overflowing to the ground.
I even planted flowers in our two tree mulch beds out front.
One of the beautiful hanging baskets I purchased. My mom bought me a really pretty one too that I hung on the other side of our pergola, but I'll wait to take a picture of that one once it fills out more.
I just love all the colors.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful!! I sure hope it's nice out so we can be out with your beautiful landscaping during the "hubby and wife's" play date!! Looks FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

that's a great start!

Arlene,
Tacoma flowers

heather b said...

That looks so pretty!! I LOVE the hanging baskets!! They are gorgeous!