THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

So what have YOU been doing lately...

Well just let me fill you in on what I've been doing lately.

DISCLAIMER:
Don't EVER run for your homeowner's association board unless you REALLY want to do the work! hahaha!

So, being a board member for our HOA, I'm the Chair for the pool committee. Should be easy, right? NOT!

Here is how I've spent just about every waking non-child interrupted minute the past week or so.


1) Trying to pull teeth from the homeowners in our association to help check people in at the pool. We have 750 homes - how hard should that be??? And yet we only have a small handful of people . . . I'm not bitter though!

2) Pressure washing just about every square inch of the pool - restrooms, entry/breezeway, office, tables, chairs, walls - you name it, it's been power washed.

3) Repainting ALL the floors and a good majority of the walls.

4) Cleaning out all the crap that our lazy lifeguards and pool management company failed to do last year!

5) Making new signs and bulletin boards.

Okay, so the list could go on - I'm just griping because it bothers me that people don't really want to truly "belong" to a neighborhood.

So how about you? Do you belong to an HOA and if so, are you involved???
I'd love to hear your stories!!!

Despite all the pain, blood, sweat & tears, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the way the pool and poolhouse areas are going to look when it opens on Saturday! Check out my before and after pictures below!!! Warning - graphic pictures and content, "before" pictures may totally gross you out!!! ;o)



We purchased 5 huge petunia planters to help beautify the pool deck area - I love them!!!

Our entrance/breezeway before the wall and floor painting, new bulletin board and new vending machines.

Our entrance/breezeway after

One of the bathrooms before

One of the bathrooms after

Shower area before

Shower area after

Restroom stalls before

Restroom stalls after


7 comments:

Bill Wolfe said...

Whoa, those are major improvments in the pictures! Nice job, but I'm sure you were rethinking why you decided to get involved.

I have to admit I'm one of those "not involved" HOA people :(

Shannon said...

You are amazing!! That's all I have to say...and yes this confirms it we have officially gone off the deep end ;)!! Love ya girlie!! ENJOY THAT POOL this weekend!! You deserve a front row saved chair with a fruity drink that comes w/an umbrella in it!!!! :)

The Liller Family said...

Bill - Shame on you! (just kiddin')

Shan Shan - yeah, it would be nice to enjoy it all weekend, but Shawn and I will be working the race - in fact, we have to be there in 11 hours - guess I'd better get some sleep. Maybe we'll enjoy the pool next week - and you and the little Princess can join us!!! Umbrella drinks will be on me - of course we'll have to drink them here at my house!!! ;o)

heather b said...

WOW....AMAZING....and glad SOMEBODY has the guts to do it!!!!

pwdrd donuts said...

TOYOTA SIENNA BABY!!!

Yep, we joined the club. Well, sort of; except no leatha, no sun roof, no TV, and no pimpin' gold rims.

Christina said...

It looks great Beth -- Good job. I wish we had a neighborhood pool.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable work Beth! You deserve a raise... Ha Ha! Linda