Don't EVER run for your homeowner's association board unless you REALLY want to do the work! hahaha!
So, being a board member for our HOA, I'm the Chair for the pool committee. Should be easy, right? NOT!
Here is how I've spent just about every waking non-child interrupted minute the past week or so.
1) Trying to pull teeth from the homeowners in our association to help check people in at the pool. We have 750 homes - how hard should that be??? And yet we only have a small handful of people . . . I'm not bitter though!
2) Pressure washing just about every square inch of the pool - restrooms, entry/breezeway, office, tables, chairs, walls - you name it, it's been power washed.
3) Repainting ALL the floors and a good majority of the walls.
4) Cleaning out all the crap that our lazy lifeguards and pool management company failed to do last year!
5) Making new signs and bulletin boards.
Okay, so the list could go on - I'm just griping because it bothers me that people don't really want to truly "belong" to a neighborhood.
So how about you? Do you belong to an HOA and if so, are you involved???
I'd love to hear your stories!!!
Despite all the pain, blood, sweat & tears, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the way the pool and poolhouse areas are going to look when it opens on Saturday! Check out my before and after pictures below!!! Warning - graphic pictures and content, "before" pictures may totally gross you out!!! ;o)
Our entrance/breezeway before the wall and floor painting, new bulletin board and new vending machines.
Our entrance/breezeway after
One of the bathrooms before
One of the bathrooms after
Shower area before
Shower area after
Restroom stalls before
Restroom stalls after