THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Braces & Gardening

Well, we finally bit the bullet and got the braces Evan so desperately needed a week ago today. The orthodontist told us we would see results fairly quickly, and although my pictures aren't great - you can really tell the difference 7 days makes. He has to wear a headgear from the time he gets home from school until the following morning, but he's doing great with that as well. This is Phase I, and should only last roughly 10 months. Phase II won't happen until he gets all his permanent teeth in, so we'll have a few years to recover from the sticker shock of Orthodontia before the next bill is due!!!

I also threw in a picture of Grant. Ever since I made my attempt at floral landscaping (2 posts below), he has really been into helping me take care of the flowers (including "HIS" flower that he picked out and told me where to plant down by the mailbox). So, my mom got him his very own watering can in his favorite color (green) so that he could continue helping me. He proudly had me take a picture of him using it the other day! This will be great for me, cuz' it would take me forever to water everything by myself. Hopefully he'll continue his interst in it!!!


May 7th, the day he got them put on. He chose the red in tribute to his Pokemon fascination - "Fire Red" is the proper name he told me. Anyway, hopefully you can see how crooked those 4 front teeth are - he rarely smiles in a wide grin because he says his teeth embarrass him, so hopefully that will go away when they start straightening out.

Today, May 14th. One week later and we already see them starting to straighten out. He's pretty excited by that, and doesn't even mind that he can't have gum and the like anymore - I think he's truly excited to be getting the straighter teeth he's wanted for awhile now.

"Gardener Grant", with his watering can and handy, dandy "special forces" vest - he's ready to water away!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! That is amazing!!! I wish they had this technology when I had braces. So much better!!

AND I've been dreaming of your beautiful landscaping since enjoying it outside Tuesday!! I wished it was my yard!! It's just gorgeous!! I think you should submit to mags!!

Love ya girlie!! Can't wait 'till our next play date...I mean the kids next play date ;)!!

pwdrd donuts said...

Ahhh, the night brace. I never knew anyone who wore it as long as I did. 16 hours a day! (that was the moment I got home from school until the next morning when I woke up) I didn't know they still did that. I also can't believe his teeth can straighten out in a week; I had my braces for 3 years!!!

Fire red; great color. In my day they didn't tack the braces on to the front of your tooth with glue; In my day, that put them on with a hammer; And we didn't get fancy colors to go with our Pokemon cards; we got gray; the color of prison walls. In my day....you get the picture.

The Liller Family said...

Yeah, I hear ya Matt! I had my braces forever too (4 years) - and had the lovely silver bands that went ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TOOTH so you couldn't even see any enamel on your teeth - yep, I had some serious guys fighting over me in those days - the braces were just sooooooo attractive! However, I was one of the first people to have the rainbow colored retainer, that was as cool as "colors" got in our day! Orthodontia has definitely come a LONG way since we had to go through that crap!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.