THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

NVCL's Kids Worship Weekend

Most of you know that I sing on our church's (Northview Christian Life) vocal team. It's one of my passions, and has been for a very long time. I've also had the pleasure of teaching 1st-5th graders in previous years in our children's ministry. This weekend was really special - especially for me. Apparently when the vocal schedule was made, Matt (our awesome worship pastor) had no idea that this would be the weekend the kids would be singing with us in the main church services. So, as fate (and God) would have it, I was scheduled to sing as well!

Even more awesome was that my middle son Grant got to sing with me! We had quite a few kids from Studio 6.7 singing with us throughout the services and they did an AMAZING job!!! We did 5 songs - 4 of which the kids also do down in their services. The difference is that the kids add movements/motions to their songs. I have to tell all the kids who sang this weekend (and their parents) how proud I am of them! Whether they sang 1 service or all 4, they were so much fun and full of love for the Lord!!! Even more inspiring was looking out into the crowd and seeing adults joining in and doing the motions with us! Wouldn't it be great if we (as adults) could always worship God with the childlike abandon we poured out this weekend??? I know I wish I could, and it's given me a renewed spirit to try!

A friend of mine attended the 9:00 Sunday service, so she took a few pictures for me. Our lighting is pretty crazy during worship as you can tell from some of the pics, but I think they turned out pretty well! Thanks Lesle!


The kids and I during rehearsal Sunday morning (Grant is next to me on the bottom row in the red, white and blue shirt).

Friend of God

Tell The World

One Way

Your Love Is Deep

We Belong - for all you Pat Benetar fans out there!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Kids were awesome this weekend. It was so much fun watching them and you. How do you do motions and sing at the same time - I can't clap and sing at the same time!!! I was a bit disappointed though - the hair was not nearly puffy enough and you needed a little more makeup!!! Kidding - you were great!

Bill Wolfe said...

I love seeing the kids during worship. You all did an amazing job and learning more of the movements was a blast.

INCREDIBLE job on "We Belong".

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH Beth, I haven't heard you sing alone on a solo in forever and I was totally blown away - you should've taken that recording deal back in college! God was so evident in your worship, it was all just awesome!!!

Megan

AZ Chapman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.