THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday Shawn!

In celebration of Shawn's 4th decade of being on this earth, I wanted to do something to surprise him. It's virtually impossible to surprise Shawn with anything - but I managed to do it on his 30th birthday - so why not for his 40th too.

We've always wanted to go to a Colts game - just to say we've experienced it at least once in our Indy lifetime. Well, tonights game would've been really cool for 2 reasons: 1) it was the inaugural game in the brand new Lucas Oil Stadium and 2) it was happening on his actual birthday.

A friend of mine scored me an awesome deal on a pair of tickets (and they were AMAZING seats as you'll see in the pics below). So Shawn comes home from spending a few days in Cincy with his buddies doing normal party stuff (yeah right - don't think I'll be shooting guns at a target range, riding a hundred miles on my bike or kayaking for 6 hours on my 40th birthday - nope, just doesn't sound like fun to me), and we just decide to do dinner like we usually do on our birthdays. So I say "hey, let's go downtown for dinner" and he agrees of course cuz' there are lots of cool places to eat downtown. When we get there, he sees the stadium and asks me if I've seen it yet. I say no, and he says, well, let me drive you by it (like putty in my hands I tell ya). As we drive up to it, I pull the gift bag out from behind my seat and hand it to him. Inside is a card - and not just ANY card, but one of those cool yet sometimes corny musical cards. However this one fit perfectly because it says 'Happy 40th Birthday' and it shows a 40 yard line on a football field. When you open it, it plays the ESPN sports theme and says 'Just think of it as 4 touchdowns, 2 extra points, 3 field goals and a safety'. Again, perfect for the occasion and the tickets were inside the card. Then he unwraps the Colts t-shirt I got him to put on for the game. The look on his face was just like the commercial: PRICELESS!

So now we can say we've been to the inaugural Colts game and we spent a lot of time before the game checking the whole place out. It is so cool - if you haven't seen it, I would highly suggest you pay the ticket prices and go. We had the best time (even though the Colts lost - but we won't talk about that - it's still pre-season after all)!

Happy Birthday baby - I love you!!!



Shawn's 40 pose.

The Colts doing a little pre-game stretching.

We had awesome "seatmates" - Lori and Brian. Brian's brother was the replay camera guy and they were a blast to hang out with - we had a really good time with them.
We also got to see the roof open up. This is a picture of Blue the mascot getting ready to push the button to open it.
A picture of the roof (and the big picture window) once it was fully open. It takes 9 minutes to open completely.
Kickoff!!!
Shawn and I and the field from our seats.


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy 40th Birthday Shawn!! You got yourself a prize to celebrate you in this special way like she did!! You guys look like you had a ball!!!!!!!!!

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Well played, Beth! [Ah]

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th Birthday Shawn!!!! You don't look a day over 25. You might want to think about losing a couple of pounds though! Are you up to 3% body fat?

Beth awesome job! Shawn, I don't see blue painted nipples?!?

Love Ya,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ack! You went with the wrong 'Lori and Brian'!! ;)
Birthday blessings Shawn ~ so glad you had a great celebration!
Much love,
LL

The Liller Family said...

LL - I immediately thought of you when they told us their names, Shawn and I looked at each other like "oh yeah, that'll be easy to remember"! Too funny actually.

Shooting Stars said...

I was only a couple of aisles over from you guys - went with my brother. Isn't that place amazing?! Left me speechless. Great surprise by the way, so cool!

pwdrd donuts said...

Make sure he knows he doesn't look at day over 40.