THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007 at the Liller Home

So we started out the day with the kids waking up at 6:45am! They just couldn't wait to check out the loot under the tree. . . and so the day began, the first of 3 stops.
You can't help but be excited by all the gifts for the kids, but we also need to make sure our kids know and remember the true meaning of Christmas. We didn't have a birthday cake this year, but we still sang "Happy Birthday Jesus" anyway and said a prayer thanking God for the most amazing gift of all - His son Jesus Christ!!!
Oh yeah, and one more heartbreak (for me anyway) was Evan asking if Santa was real the night before Christmas Eve . . . it's sad in a way because it's the end of that make-believe era when one of your children finally knows their parents are Santa. He was cool with the truth and everything, he said he suspected last year when "Santa's writing looked a lot like mom's". Maybe it's just more devastating for me as a parent. So now I just have to make sure he keeps the secret until Grant and Blake are old enough to understand . . . hmmmmm, that could be interesting!!!
An aerial view of the 3 boys tearing into their gifts.
Grant grabbing a heavy present (Magnetix).
Evan and Grant loved all the Pokemon books they received - they almost couldn't tear themselves away to open more . . . I said ALMOST! ;o)
Evan and his Pokemon Kyogre doll.
Blake loved his Dora backpack - I think he kept it on most of the day (and didn't really even bother looking at all the games that came inside it)!

This video is Blake dancing with his favorite toy, "Sing and Spin Pablo". Click the play button twice on the video to watch it.This video was taken as Grant was opening his most asked for present - a wooden mailbox! Check out his reaction by clicking twice on the play button on the video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love getting a glimpse of others celebrations. Are your arms aching yet from playing Wii? Unfortunately with all boys here - I haven't really had a chance to play yet. Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!!!!

Shannon said...

So I noticed that my last response didnt't show up, SO if this is a repeat then forgive me. I just didn't want to go without telling you that I think you know how to make such special tradition for your boys with Christmas AND Sophie made me play over and over again Blakes's Christmas dance!! And if something doesn't make sense I forgot to come downstairs with my glassess so I am not sure if my spell checker is good ;)!! Miss you guys and hope so much we can get together soon!! Love ya, Shan

Christina said...

I am so glad you had a great Christmas. It looks busy, busy, busy. Hopefully we can get together again soon now that things have calmed down.