THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Grant turns 6 today!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! In our house, it's a day reserved for Grant's birthday - and nothing else. I was born on a holiday too, so I hope I can always remember how important it is to have that one day a year that's made special just for you! Daddy is still away on business, so luckily Grant isn't old enough to care yet - but he's really looking forward to going out with the whole family tomorrow night - and all he really wanted tonight for his birthday dinner was a kids meal from Burger King because . . . they have Monster Jam Monster Trucks as the kids meal toy - so tonight's dinner was easy for me and fun for them!!! ;o)

It's been a long week for me, I really admire and respect the mom's who have to do the parenting thing alone 24/7 all the time. But I also want to tell you, all my friends tonight, how much you are cared for and loved!!! Valentines Day might be just another Hallmark holiday - and maybe I'm just sappy remembering the birth of my middle child - but I love you all. God chose us to parent these children, and although I often ask Him "Why me, God? Why did you choose someone as flawed as me to raise these boys", I know there must be a reason. I guess my prayer today for all of us is this:

Lord, please help guide us as moms and dads to raise these children the best we know how, please place Your guiding hand upon us to teach them and guide them on the right path in life. May we model Your love so that they grow up to know You - that they know how much You love them, and when they're old enough to fly on their own, that they be a bright light that shines for You to others. Amen!

Here are just a few of my favorites pics of Grant - a short trip down memory lane... Happy Birthday "little" G - We love you very, very much!!!













3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Grant!! You sure are as handsome as your brothers...oh you Liller boys! And Beth, you've made it through the week!! Amazing!! So celebrate tomorrow night too with a little extra of whatever you like from me (cake, ya know) ;)...your choice!! Love ya! Shan Shan

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Grant! So excited about the simple things.. wooden mailboxes for Christmas, BK monster trucks for his birthday!
I LOVE that!!
LL

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Grant - and Happy Valentines day. I to love Valentines Day - even more now that I have Children. Beth, you are a great mom.