THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The end of November

Today, I have a lot of things on my mind as we come to a close on the month of November. A lot has happened this month - good and bad. Today I finished reading the book The Shack. Honestly, I never had much intention on reading it, even though most of my church had read it a few months back. I guess I don't have a lot of time lately to do much of anything other than doing the "mom" thing - I've also been in a spiritual rut for awhile now. Anyway, I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving and I saw this book on my mom's desk. I started reading it the night before we left and really couldn't put it down. I can only encourage you all to read it if you haven't already - it has totally changed my outlook on my relationship with God/Jesus/Sarayu - you'll understand it and come to your own revelations should you choose to read it.


Anyway, a lot has happened this month. My baby turned 4 on the 4th which was also election day. I pray that Obama turns out to be a great leader - whether he was your choice or not is irrelevant now - but we can all pray that he makes good choices in leading this nation of ours. Prayer can be powerful, even in the face of adversity.


We have faced more obstacles than I ever thought fathomable with Evan this month. I won't go into detail, but parenting a child with any kind of special need is beyond comprehension sometimes - I just ask that if you are a believer, that you pray for us if we ever come to mind as we tread through life with him. I believe there is a purpose in what we are going through - although I don't know when or if we will ever understand it in this lifetime.


I turned 38 just a few days ago. Guess that's not too old by most standards, but I feel like I've aged a lot recently. In the past few days - especially with Thanksgiving the day after my birthday, I've thought a lot about where I want my life to go (and yes, The Shack has opened my mind and heart to this task). I'm also extremely appreciative of the family and friends around me - the people who I know are TRULY in this walk of life with me - the people who are really there for me NO MATTER WHAT (you know who you are!!!) I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart - I can be pretty hard to love sometimes. To my parents and my husband especially, there aren't enough words of gratitude.


This morning, as I left early to sing at church, it was snowing. There was about an inch already on the ground and it was so peaceful to drive in. For me, it was a time of reflection. Maybe the snow was a visual cue, the cue I needed to wipe the slate clean and start again on my outlook on life - to stop seeing so many things as negatives and try to focus on the positives (those who know me well know I'm a "the glass is half-empty" type person).


Maybe this post is too sappy for most of you, but I just want you all to know that I'm thankful for each and every one of you. A new month begins tomorrow!!! Every ounce of pain and joy builds our character, the scars are reminders. December is usually a month of hope, so I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season.


I promise the normal and "funnier" posts will come soon! ;o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Beth! You are so special!!

The Oppold Family: said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Beth. I know that God is always using you during worship at Northview. He is building your strength daily, even when you don't feel it. Evan is blessed to have YOU as a mother. Keep praying and hope will provide the rest. I'm reading the Shack for the 2nd time. It's better the second time:)
I'm praying for you and Shawn!
Jami

Shannon said...

You are so sweet and we are too so thankful for you! You are a wonderful mother, an awesome friend, and a REAL child of God. This is what I appreciate about you. Your honesty and genuine love is what's so special about you. So we are praying for you and Evan and all you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!! Love your heart!!! Shan Shan

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express the depth of our love and respect for you and Shawn. "Our 3 boys" are truly blessed to have you in their lives. We're on this journey with you...just keep paddling!!!!
Mom and Dad

johnny said...

Well said! Rock on Beth!

DURHAM FAMILY said...

I know exactly what you mean about The Shack. I've read it twice now, and know it will be one of those books I keep going back to. Not necessarily for theology, but for a reminder of God's nature and character and for a renewed perspective of the "bad things that happen to good people". God is working in and through you in the good and bad. We are praying for you and are always here if you need anything!

hdbl said...

Beth.

I wish I would have told you sooner how much it meant to have you at the "special time" at the D.W. I know you were there for lots of people but knowing that you came after your cruise and putting that effort in meant a whole lot to me. I am so sorry about Evan and everything you have gone through with him. It truly breaks my heart.

BUT! I am excited about what you write about where God is taking you. Surely it will be somewhere amazing. Matt and I were just talking the other day at how gifted you are up there communicating true and sacred "worship" from your countenance and attitude on the platform and how your excitement is catchy and your talent is really one of a kind. I am sorry things have been so hard. Hoping good things for the future and praying for you...

heather

Anonymous said...

Beth I am praying for you and your family. You guys truely are amazing and I can see you have touched so many lives like you have mine.

Love you always.

Samantha.