THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Monday, September 08, 2008

Random Monday Thoughts and Pictures

RANDOM THOUGHT:
I've been "sick" for about 1 1/2 weeks. It was bad at first with the flu, but I've gotten gradually better - which is a good thing! I'm usually a VERY SLOW healer. For example, if I get a mosquito bite and I scratch it, I'll have the bite and eventually the scar to show for it. They say scars show character - but I hate my scars! It's one of the downfalls of being a Type 1 Diabetic - we just don't heal as quickly as the normal person. Whether it's sickness, injuries, insect bites, etc... I hang onto it longer than the average person.

So why this preface you ask? Well because I've been so tired lately that I finally decided to pony up to my Endocrinologist - I was WAY behind on seeing her and decided it was time to fess up to all the things I haven't been doing lately and find out if anything else was wrong with me (cuz' I knew something else was wrong - I just wasn't sure I wanted to know what). But the fatigue won out and I just needed to know why I was so tired all the time. I thought it was because my 3 boys are just hard to keep up with! So I called Dr. Ayers and they told me they didn't have any appointments until February. I thought, "whew, good - don't have to listen to her yell at me for 5 more months", but after I left a message with her medical assistant, they called me right back and said "you need to come in in the next few days"! Darn, I thought - oh well, had to deal with it sooner or later - and I wasn't really sure I could deal with the fatigue that much longer anyway. So I went to the lab the day before my appointment to get all the bloodwork done that they wanted, and that was all it took to tell us the real story of what's been going on. Now granted, I have NOT taken very good care of myself lately, but I don't think I realized (or more truthfully, wanted to admit) how quickly things can go downhill if you're not careful. I'm sure other people with chronic illnesses can relate to wanting to "ignore" the illness - it's almost a quest to at least "appear" normal and act like the illness just doesn't exist. I won't bore you with all the details, but I was shocked (as was my Dr.) to see how low my Thyroid function is, and that that is what has been causing my extreme fatique the last few months. So, I guess it's no biggie that I'll be on the Thyroid medication for the rest of my life - I'll just add it to the list with my insulin. I've also been instructed to take a "kidney protection" medication so I'm not asking for a kidney donation from any of you in the near future - haha. I guess this is my wake up call, so it's back to testing my blood sugar 4 times a day (cuz' I'll admit I've been REALLY bad about that lately) and eventually I'll be able to get my energy back up in about 2-3 weeks with the medication according to my doc, and be able to get back into my exercise routine. Most people say exercise rejuvenates you, but for the past 6 months, it would completely wear me out - I would just want to sleep after a spinning class, so I'm hopeful I get back to "normal" as quickly as possible and won't need 2 naps a day just to get through the day!!! Bottom line? We don't always get the "wake up" calls we want, but at least we get a second chance at making it better - no matter how big a pain it is to get it done!

RANDOM PICTURES:
So below are some pics I've been meaning to post, but just never got around to doing it. I hope you all enjoyed the Summer, but honestly I'm really looking forward to the Fall - it's always been my favorite season!!! And since I'm a huge college football fan - I have to give a shoutout to my team here! GO BUCKS!!!


Evan washing Shawn's 4Runner - I just can't wait until he can cut the grass!!!

Blake would rather wash his bike . . . or me and the camera anyway!

This cracked me up the other day. Grant comes downstairs in his unbuttoned dress shirt and with his hands in his jean shorts pockets and says "Look Mom - I look just like Dad" - I was laughing so hard! If you've seen my husband, you know where Grant gets it from!!!

Being sick, I missed the big labor day weekend in Cincy for both our best friends' party and my nephew's birthday party - so I'm REALLY looking forward to going here in 5 1/2 weeks with...

Our best friends! Lake Rudolph Halloweekend 08' baby!!!

6 comments:

Shooting Stars said...

Get Well Soon! By the way, great job this weekend Natasha! You Rocked that song and then some...

Nook said...

Hey girl. I'm glad to hear you finally went to the doc. You've got to take care of yourself! Do you need me to call you every day to make sure you're testing? because I will. Or at least IM you on Facebook!

See you tomorrow at the Chick.

S

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Oh my...I did not realize you were still feeling so bad. Sorry to hear well read that anyway....You missed a great Turbo Kick Class...Perhaps we can catch another one down the road when you feel better. Get well soon, and take care of yourself....Samantha.

Christina said...

Beth,
I understand the fatigue only to much. I am glad you got into the DR and figured out what was causing it. Next time you are sick like this flu -- call me and ask me to bring your family a meal -- I mean that.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling bad. Get those meds in you and bounce back to our active and fun Beth quickly! Let me know if you need anything and know I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I didn't know you were still not feeling well! I am so glad the MD got you in quickly. Now your thyroid! I will pray for you.

Love you,
Linda
P.S. Lake Rudolph is going to be awesome!