THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Sleep - no we never get enough!

So here is my random post for this Monday morning!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't been sleeping all that well lately - so I wake up after a fitful night of sleep and am usually pooped out the rest of the day.

I noticed I have lots of pictures of my boys sleeping - some are just plain cute and others are hysterically funny in how they manage to sleep in certain situations or positions.

So I decided to post a few of them. Enjoy - and if you have any remedies for sleeping peacefully, let me know that too!!!


Daddy likes to catnap on occasion, this was a picture where Grant and the dog decided to join him in Napquest.

I still go into "food coma's" - looks like this starts at an early age . . . Blake: "But no, don't take my stuff, I'll keep my hands on all of it until I wake up - really, I got it."

What more could you want from a nap??? Earphones, paci, blanket and car ride = perfection in Blake's eyes!

Grant and Blake were so cute sleeping on the same aerobed while we were in Atlanta last month. Even though it was a queen sized aerobed, they were sleeping right next to each other.

This is the picture that inspired this post! I took this just a few days ago. Essentially, Blake has given up naps, but sometimes he just gets so tired that he will literally fall asleep anywhere. In this case, it was the office chair while watching iCarly on the computer!

Ahhhh, life before the other 2 kids joined the family. Shawn and I used to nap with Evan a lot when he was little, this was taken shortly after moving up here to Indy.
Sometimes you don't even get to wait until that "food coma" sets in, Evan (age 3 1/2) just fell asleep before dinner was even served!
Another when Evan was almost 4. He had such a good time on the Disney Cruise that he fell asleep as soon as we got on the Disney Bus to go back to the airport - just him, the seat and his Mickey Mouse car.
Another high chair nap - this one is of Grant though. "Can someone please take this ball out of my hand while I sleep?"
More food = more sleep, or was it the car ride that did Grant in??? Gotta love the ice cream goatee!!!

9 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Great post! Some great photos. Man, your boys look alike! I think Blake on the office chair is my favorite. How comfy can that really be? Enough I guess. -- Sleep advice...be consistant. Keep the kids (and husband) on a schedule and keep yourself on a schedule. Eat well. Work out. Sleep well. Stop worrying. Etc. Easier said than done, right. [Ah]

DURHAM FAMILY said...

I think from the pictures that food is the answer...stuff yourself with all kinds of sweets and make sure the crash is at bed time :0) Ok, so maybe the schedule, eating right, working out & stress relief is really the better plan!

pwdrd donuts said...

Oh my word. The computer chair is the best. Sooo cute. Can't wait to see you this weekend. RAWK ON!

pwdrd donuts said...

Oh, have you tried taking 1 Tylenol PM or an Advil PM. My m-in-law does this and sleeps great. My sister does too. Don't take two, or you will drag. But one does the trick for most people.

heather b said...

O.K. Matt sent me to your blog and this was pure fun. Your kids are so cute. My personal favorite is Grant holding the ball in the high chair. He is the cutest thing. Also the ones of Evan at the table and on the bed with Shawn. Those were the days, huh? When it was just the three of you...sweet sweet sweet.

Anonymous said...

Well if you read my blog - you'll see that I don't have the answer to a good night's sleep - I'm typing this at 1:58am - aaaaahhhhhh! If you find what works, let me know.
The pics are adorable.

Bill Wolfe said...

I so want to go take a nap right now after seeing this post. I am jealous of you and shawn -- our boys never nap in the car. Makes for LONG trips!

Anonymous said...

"Napquest" ~ now THAT'S funny!!
LL

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the pics of the boys when they were babies! Where has the time gone? They are so cute!!!
Love,
Linda