THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY BLAKE!

So I'll just preface Blake's birthday today by stating he was my most difficult pregnancy. A little synopsis: Bedrest forever when he tried to come WAY TOO early (at 24 weeks); Magnesium Sulfate (which was HORRIBLE) combined with a week's hospital stay until they stopped my contractions and sent me home - doomed to the couch forever; a PIC line for collapsed veins - which I got to keep for a few weeks when I went home, yep - that was fun too.

Anyway, my friends and I were talking about it earlier this week - and at their request, I give you these first lovely pics! But it just goes to show how worth it it was! Read on for the rest of the story...


I really hate this picture, but a growing belly really is miraculous. We took this pic before going to the hospital to be induced - yes, induced. First he wanted to come early, then decided he was quite comfortable. Since I wasn't so stable, they had to get him out at 38 weeks.
A little over 9 1/2 lbs. - not a bad size for a 38 weeker!!! hehehe!
Blake's very first kiss from his mama!
"Ummmm, this NICU place isn't so cool - can I go back and see my mom soon?"
Some of my battle wounds from delivery, guess they should've left that PIC line in longer after all!
Blake's Birth Announcement

Fast forward 3 years later...



Time to help mom make my cake...

and eat it too!!!
Mom's not a great baker, but it sure was fun helping her make my Dora cake. "Yep, I love Dora - don't make fun of me for it just because I'm a boy though!"
Blake takes the cake - and the presents too!
My brothers loved helping me open my presents.
Cool presents for all to enjoy!

9 comments:

Christina said...

What a great post. I love seeing flashback pictures. I hope Blake had a great day. And the cake looks great - can I have some?

Nook said...

Great Post. I guess I havne't been to your blog lately...I had a lot to look at! You're like super-mom snapping all those pics!! I admire you. Anyway, it's great to see all the fun family time you and Shawn share with your kids. Keep it up! Love ya! Shan

Oh yeah...the cake did look great!

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

LOVE your post!! What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing. I love the cake! Happy birthday Blake!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

This blog just keeps getting better and better. You're right, it does beat scrapbooking, try putting a hilarious video of follow the leader in one of those!! You both are such great parents, what a blessing for your chidren.

I cannot believe Blake is 3 already! It goes so fast!! Keep up the great work. What a fun way to keep your memories fresh. Still missing you in spin class! :)

Samantha.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blake!! Little Cutie! I love the Dora! Miss you guys!
Linda

Shannon said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to Sophie's sweet love, Blake!! She's blowing kisses to you!!! She especially thinks your handsome because you love Dora just like her. Yep another confirmation of a match made in heaven!! Love you guys!! Shan

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to my baby-nephew! Love the pics. Hope you had a great day. Kyle sends hugs and kisses! Miss you~

Aunt Memas

Alpha Dude said...

Just stopping by to say Howdy!

Looks like a totally awesome fun party. Happy Birthday (late) to Blake.

Blessings.

Two Kids and a Mommy said...

The dora cake is the best! Ricky gets all bent out of shape when braeden likes things that aren't boy enough...you know like the wiggles! HA. Good for you for letting him explore his sensitive side...and explorative side..just call him diego!