THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

NEW CARPET, PAINT - it's like a new house!!!

Well, after a painstaking 2 months of putting our dog down, researching carpet pricing and getting an interior decorator to help us pull all our colors together - we finally headed into the homestretch 10 days ago by painting EVERY room on our main floor including the 2-story entryway and upstairs hallway (except the kitchen - that was already done professionally and is probably my favorite room in the house), and the carpet was installed today! I'm so happy to be almost done. We still have some trim painting to do (the doors mainly, I already painted the entryway wainscotting, staircase & spindles, and baseboards), and we'll have some accessorizing to do as a lot of our old picture frames and such don't go with the new colors we've painted. We also sold our living room furniture that you see in the pictures - so we'll be looking for furniture sometime in the future that will fit better and be more usable, but overall - I'm really happy to be practically finished!

I hope you enjoy the pictures - I'm not trying to be boastful at all, but I'm really proud at how it's all turning out . . . and have I mentioned that I LOVE THE SMELL OF NEW CARPET!!! Ahhhhhh, miss my doggie - God rest his soul, but I don't miss the smell. If you want to come visit in person - feel free, but leave your shoes at the entrance! haha!!!

Also, if you live in the Indy area and need carpet, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CUSTOM FLOORS OF CARMEL. Phenomenal pricing, first class installation and installers - NOT ONE NICK OR SCRATCH on any of my new painted walls! Call and ask for Jerry Urick - I think they'll beat anyone's price (and we got several quotes)!!!

If you need someone to paint - DON'T CALL ME!!! I WON'T DO IT EVER AGAIN!!! ;o)


Our installers were AMAZING!!! Here they are putting down our new 8 lb. pad - it's a lovely green don't ya think?

Still working hard in the dining room and living room.

I think I would've hated this part - the stairs did NOT look fun to carpet!

The finished family room - I think the kids liked it!!!

Finished with furniture! Did I mention that these guys from Custom Floors moved all the furniture for us too, AND put it all back EXACTLY the way it was - I was totally impressed!

Finished Dining Room and Living Room.

Office carpet and color! Shawn LOVES his new office color (same as the family room color) - not the greatest picture as we have to re-wire all the computer stuff, but we'll get it done soon.

The entryway - definitely needs some accessories, but we're working on that too.

5 comments:

smchurchie said...

Do you like vinyl wall art? :) I'm addicted... great prices on eBay or if you have someone you know who sells Uppercase Living. It's cheap art and peels off when you're tired of it. ;) Everything looks great!

designHER Momma said...

it looks fantastic! I give it two thumbs up!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Beth!!! Your houselooks brand new!! You've worked so hard!!! We'll def keep them in mind for floors. You guys do a great job keeping such a nice house!!!

pwdrd donuts said...

Beth, I told your hubby about this video. Make him watch it! http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=15047

mbays said...

I missed this first time around. DANG!!! Looks really nice. Paint is such an affordable way to make a HUGE visual change. Not carpet though...boo... carpet is too expensive... but it sho does look might fine!!! Glad you got all that hard work over with!