THE LILLER FAMILY

THE LILLER FAMILY
Our Boys!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!

In addition to my "old lady" aches and sprains - I have one more reason to feel quite old today! My very first baby is 11!!!

It's been a busy day so far - we've been to laser tag, had a pizza party when we came back, a little tag and guns, then Evan's requested chocolate chip cookie cake! I think I'm holding up pretty well for 4 hours of chaos (and some of them are still going strong as I type). But overall, it's been a pretty good day for Evan.

As for me, I'm taking it all in pretty slow. I wasn't even in labor with him yet this time 11 years ago (well, I kinda was, I just didn't know it at the time). So, until 10:46pm, he's still 10 to me (and even that is too old for my liking)!!!


So how did he go from this cute little baby . . .

To this giant human being???

Evan and his friends in the briefing room at Xsite Laser Tag.

Evan's friends raise a toast to him - it was pretty cute actually. Some said "to the best friend ever" and another said "to the best party ever".

Opening gifts. Bakugan and gift cards, he couldn't have been any happier!!!

The group from L to R: Justin, Evan, Ryan, Max, Joe & Ben

As if they weren't jacked up enough from sugar soda and pizza - it was time to actually eat the frosted giant cookie!

5 comments:

Jim said...

Oh My! Happy Birthday Evan! I can't believe how big and handsome your boys are....weren"t they just babies? Where does the time go? Thank you for your prayers and Chicken Soup- truly good for our souls. You are doing a great job raising the men of tommorow-God Bless you. Love you, Pam

smchurchie said...

Looks like the party was a hit ;) so glad you pulled it all together and it was the "best party ever". That has to be the best compliment from your baby. Good job, mom! :)

DURHAM FAMILY said...

I don't know how that transformation happens so quickly, but it does!! Happy Birthday, Evan!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to you Evan!! You are getting so big and Beth, you just keep getting younger and younger to me!! It looks like you guys had a GREAT celebration!! Love ya, Shan Shan

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn,

This is Jeff Walden - from OU. I've always wondered what happened to you and Bob. It looks like you are doing very well and you have a wonderful family. Joyce and I have 1 kid in college and 1 in high school! I feel old. Please drop me a line and let me know what you are doing - here is my email - jwalden@woh.rr.com Have you kept in touch with Bob?